Acupuncture -How it can help
Acupuncture treatment works on a deep level to correct imbalances, relieve pain and encourage natural healing.
As an acupuncturist, I am following in the path of practitioners who have trained in and refined techniques for thousands of years.
This treatment is widely used by the NHS. (For example, the maternity acupuncture service at Whittington Hospital, North London) and has won approval as a treatment for some conditions by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Acupuncture can give you a greater sense of well-being and a more positive outlook if you are struggling with conditions such as :
- digestive issues
- musculoskeletal problems
- women’s health including regulating menstrual cycle and menopause
Treatment Conditions- See the full range of diseases, symptoms and conditions that can be treated with acupuncture in the World Health Organisation report Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials.
A holistic approach is integral to my service. I treat the whole person, not isolated symptoms.
- You want to be listened to and your problems considered
- You deserve to be taken seriously and so I take time to take your history.
- You want individualised treatment
- There is no fixed formula because there is only one you – and that’s who I will learn about and treat.
- You want a broad choice of treatments
In practice it encompasses much more than traditional body needling. For example:
- selected herbs are burnt on or over the skin in a heat therapy called Moxibustion
- stimulation or pressure is applied to certain points with acupressure therapies such as Gua Sha
- specific areas, such as the ear, face and hand, are the focus of microsystem acupuncture.
Qualifications in Acupuncture and Naturopathy
I hold a Diploma in Acupuncture and a Diploma in Naturopathy from the renowned College of Naturopathic Medicine in London.
Since qualifying, I have undertaken extensive postgraduate training in Chinese medicine including fertility, women’s health and menopause, sports injuries and pain management, pediatric shonishin acupuncture and auricular (ear) acupuncture.
I am registered with the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners and General Naturopathic Council.
My clinics are located in Angel/ Islington and Crouch End, North London.